BBC Studioworks is ending 2019 on a high as it facilitates 17 of the nation’s Christmas specials across its portfolio, a 21% increase year-on-year and an 89% uplift on 2017.
Kicking off the festive extravaganza, Studio TC1 at Television Centre has played host to the seasonal specials of:
- QI (a Talkback production for BBC Two)
- The Graham Norton Show (a So Television Production for BBC One)
- The Jonathan Ross Show (a Hotsauce TV and ITV Studios production for ITV)
- The Last Leg (an Open Mike Productions commission for Channel 4)
While Studio TC2 has welcomed a number of Christmas-themed editions of Sunday Brunch (a Remarkable Television production for Channel 4).
At its BBC Elstree Centre facility, nostalgic festive favourites have been combined with some new productions in Elstree D:
- Blockbusters (a Thames production for Comedy Central)
- Romesh’s Look Back To The Future (a Hungry Bear Media production for Sky One)
- Top of the Pops (a BBC Studios production for BBC One)
- Ball & Boe: A Very Merry Christmas (an ITV Studios production for ITV)
- 8 Out of 10 Cats (a Zeppotron production for E4)
- Take Off with Bradley & Holly (a Hungry Bear Media Production for BBC One)
Also at BBC Elstree Centre, Studioworks’ expert team is delivering the Christmas and New Year episodes of EastEnders.
Continuing the Christmas cheer at its Elstree Studios hub:
- Elstree 8 has welcomed the festive edition of Pointless (a Remarkable Television production for BBC One)
- Elstree 9 has played host to the Christmas versions of The Chase (a Potato production for ITV), Celebrity Juice (a Talkback production for ITV2) and Big Fat Quiz of the Year (a Hotsauce TV production for Channel 4)
- George Lucas Stage 2 sees the competition heat up for the glitterball trophy in the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special (a BBC Studios Production for BBC One)
Studioworks provides the productions with full technical facilities and crew, including camera, sound, lighting and engineering and, for EastEnders, Strictly Come Dancing and The Last Leg, post production staff.
“We’re finishing an exceptional year with an abundance of Christmas classics sprinkled with some original productions,” said Meryl McLaren, Commercial Manager, BBC Studioworks.
“The increase in festive specials is testament to the expertise of our teams and the first-class customer experience we consistently deliver to bring shows to life. We’re looking forward to what’s set to be another cracker of a year.”