First broadcast in 1985, the drama currently airs on BBC One four times a week. Two hours are made every week, plus extra episodes for the Christmas and New Year period.
It is a complex operation and there can be up to three multi-camera film crews recording at any one time, across six studio floors, on the Albert Square lot or on location. These are controlled from three gallery control rooms. We provide full technical facilities and crew, including camera, sound, lighting, engineering and post production staff.
We took EastEnders high definition and tapeless in 2010. The post production workflow is based on Avid Airspeed multi-camera ingest technology, which transfers the digitised material directly to post production via the interplay database, therefore enabling editing to begin very quickly after capture.
Our editors then assemble the scenes ready for the director to view and make changes as required. The sound team can also access the edited episodes to dub the sound, to create the final version viewers hear at home – from start to finish it is fully tapeless.
Post Production services include:
- Full tapeless recording via Avid Airspeed 5000
- Dedicated Main & Backup ISIS 5000 systems managed by Avid Interplay MAM
- 5 * Avid Media Composer Nitris DX cutting Suites
- 1 * Avid Symphony Nitris DX finishing suite
- 2 * Pro-tools 11 dubbing theatres with VO facilities
- DaVinci Resolve grading
- Dedicated VidCheck AQC for file delivery